Monday, July 19, 2010

Chillax its only a FREAKING SCREWDRIVER

First day of uni over and done with :)
Was scheduled for merely 5.5 hrs today but managed to finish 1 hr early :D

You may have noticed that my blogs are usually about something GREAT that happened, or more likely something lame that happened.
Therefore, unless something absolutely supremely-fantastically-awesome-awe-inspiring happened today or something stupid-gay-depressing-plain-unlucky happened.... I would not be blogging so soon :)
Seeing as I seem to have such bad luck which allowed me to be in 2 carcrashes within a month of each other (god bless you mary-jane) and witnessing a $700 fine plus a 12 point deduction / licence suspension and various other things which I will NOT continue to blabber on about..... I think it is fair that today was a cloudy day.


I almost fainted in PCL class.
(which is patient centered learning aka fake case study class )
Well our topic this week is the shoulder and some kinda shoulder pain thingo that I dont know about.
Well we watched a youtube video of a rotator cuff surgery




Yeah...bet you never knew surgeons are FREAKING CRAZY AND STICK SCREWDRIVERS IN PEOPLE?
Ok yeah I get it....you have to cut ppl up and all that but seriously a SCREWDRIVER?
I thought it would be a bit more professional than that.

Ended up having to hyperventilate for 5 mins after the vid (not that I watched most of it anyway seeing as they were just POKING PEOPLE omfg)
Yes I had to lie my head on the table and shudder for 5 mins after this.
Would have cried if it wasnt for the fact that Im determined not to humiliate myself as much as possible....which I know I will once we start dissecting those cadavers every tuesday.

I mean...its not blood itself that scares me
Or open wounds
well they scare me but its not THAT THAT bad
What I HATE is seeing things being cut, stabbed, whatever
I hate seeing that screwdriver go in and pierce the skin
I hate seeing things sticking out (ie the handle of the screwdriver)
And I hate seeing blood squirt out.
It freaks me out bad.

I know...I wish I wasnt such a wuss
Some doctor I'm going to be -.-


That is all for now